During 2014, a multi-million euro refurbishment of much of our existing building, accompanied by the construction of a major three-storey extension, engineering block, purpose-built ASD Resource Centre and state of the art physical education hall and fitness suite has enabled us to continue to be the leading provider of education in our community.
The initial school, constructed in 1981, catered for 810 students. The redeveloped campus enables the school to continue to provide a quality education for 1200 day students, in addition to offering comprehensive adult and continuing education to the community at large.
Our non-selective, inclusive school continues to provide a top quality education across the campus. The educational and recreational facilities at Carrigaline Community School include:
- Eight fully equipped science laboratories, including a demonstration centre & preparation areas
- Five ICT suites
- Access to ICT in all classrooms
- 100 mbps capacity broadband across the campus
- Ultra short throw data projection in most teaching rooms
- A brand new full size Physical Education Hall with changing rooms and state of the art fitness suite
- Modern state of art facilities in Design, Communications & Graphics, Engineering and Construction Studies
- Specialist classrooms for Art, History, Metalwork, Woodwork, Technical Graphics, Home Economics, Business, Geography
- Music suite
- Learning Support Centres
- ASD Resource Centre
- Up-to-date stage and drama facilities.
- Full size playing pitches
- Basketball and Tennis courts
- Guidance suite – private interview rooms & meeting centre
- Social Areas for each individual year group
- Prayer room/Seomra Ciúin